You may have particularly noticed this fabulousness over the last few days.
The sun is shining. It's too warm for gloves and scarves and hats. The outside world looks oh so very appealing.
And my mental health has improved just as dramatically as the weather. To keep this positivity up, I need to make the most of Spring. So, as part of Week One in the Irish Blogger Collaboration, me and my fellow bloggers are writing about Spring Essentials. For me, the most important thing this season is looking after my mental health.
These are my Spring Mental Health Essentials:
- Soaking up every bit of sunshine. Vitamin D is oh so very important for many health reasons, one of which may just be to combat depression.
- Picking flowers (not every flower. This only works when I'm country based and flowers grow in my fields)
- Perfect picnic weather. Not so hot that the flies and bees won't leave your food alone. Not so cold that your gloves leave fluff in the food.
- Staying out later. Is it just me or did it feel like bed time when you got out of work at 5pm during the winter? Longer days (sunshine wise) mean I'm much more willing to stay out longer too. Not only for social occasions either. Missed the tram? No bigger, I'll just stand in this nice breeze til the next one comes!
- Explore. Everything from the bookshelf to the forest. Even my kitten has been exploring the fields, trees and rivers in the good weather.
- New crafts! I felt so uncreative when it was dark and cold. Now I can't wait to make a mini Tardis, a secret compartment book, and a Once Upon a Time inspired box.
- Reading all the books. I've missed reading, and it's always been something I enjoyed (to the extent that I studied English in uni!) So I'm re-embracing my love of literature with a 30 Day Challenge.
- Try new things. Not everything has to be outdoors. Sadly the Irish weather is very unreliable and it will rain many more times before April is over. So take things into the kitchen and try out new recipes! I've just started a new recipe book to record fun recipes I find online and try for myself. These include a Brie Pizza and no-cook Blueberry Bars.
I fell like Spring and I are really going to get on this year!