Two weeks ago, the lovely Genevieve of Cerise Bubbles nominated me for the 10 Things You Didn't Know About Me Tag.
It's taken forever for me to get around to posting it due to my lack of internet and then dodgy internet when I have a connection. PLUS, I found it really difficult to think of 10 obscure and random facts about myself. I find it hard to think like that, but anyway, it's finally here. AND it's also my 150th blog post - yay! What better way to celebrate than to share interesting and embarrassing secrets...
You can read Genevieve's original post here.
10 Things You Didn't Know About Me:
1) I am pretty gullible and very easily convinced by conspiracy theories. They draw me in and the next thing I know the aliens built the Great Pyramids. Goddamn you Ancient Aliens.
2) I only learned how to draw a heart 8 years ago. I was the laughing stock of my family growing up because I was so un-artistic. My sisters could sketch and draw anything with at least an ounce of confidence, whereas I felt untalented and useless. So it wasn't until I was about 14 or 15 that I eventually plucked up the courage to ask my younger sister to teach me how to draw a heart.
3) I had my lip pierced for a year. I guess you could call it my rebellious year; everyone should have one. It wasn't until my tonsillectomy and subsequent post-tonsillectomy bleed prevented me from wearing it for two weeks and the hole closed up. There's still a mark from where it used to be.
4) I don't have a favourite movie, favourite TV show or a favouite book. I really like a lot of different films, shows and books, but I can't pick 'one' I like above the others.
5) The first CD I ever bought with my own money was Eminem's 'Encore'. No regrets.
6) The first concert I went to was S Club 7 in The Point in Dublin. Tina waved at my little sister.
7) I'm a complete history nerd. It was my favourite Leaving Cert subject, I studied it in college, and now I buy history books for leisurely reading. My latest purchase was about the conquest of the Incas which I'm ridiculously excited to read.
8) Another of my favourite topics is the ocean. I am fascinated by sharks, dolphins and whales. Shark week is one of the best weeks of television in the year, and if you didn't cry while watching Blackfish then we can't be friends.
9) I don't think Taylor Swift is a nice person. There, I said it.
10) I'm pretty sure my first ever crush was on Robin from the 1960s Batman TV show.
Hope you enjoyed the obscure and totally random things you didn't know about me!